Monday, March 14, 2011

Couch Potatoe

This weekend was supposed to be one of those weekends where I work the whole time, try to do some house cleaning, and get a little homework out of the way.  Those plans came to an abrupt halt on Friday afternoon.  I came home from school and thought I would get some laundry done before I left for work.  As I was bending to sort the clothes, I suddenly realized that I couldn't quite get back up!  Oh, man I was in pain.  I'm still in pain.  I had to call into work on Friday night, Saturday, and again today.  I've been on the couch all three days trying to recover.  I'm just hoping that I can get into the doctor tomorrow because we are leaving town on Tuesday.  I'm pretty sure that it is my sciatic nerve acting up.  I did a little research and apparently it is pretty common when you have buldging disks or degenerative disks.  I have both!  Lucky me!  I always have a little soreness in the lower back but I usually just deal with it.  At one point my doctor said that by the time I was 26, I would need back surgery.  I laughed it off.  That's way too young for back problems like that, I thought.  Well, I'm 26 now, and the pain just got crazy!  I really hope that this isn't the official start of a downward trend in my back health.  I'm too young! 
Needless to say, I've been on the couch all weekend, and I am getting really bored.  Of course, I have managed to get way ahead on some homework.  My Process Book is due for a midterm grade in just under two weeks.  I'm almost done with it now!  I'm so excited and so proud of it.  I think it looks great!  I guess we will have to see what the teacher says though.  That could be another story.
On Tuesday we are leaving to go to Florida.  A friend of Dakota's (somewhere between a friend and an acquaintance to me I guess) is getting married and several of the guys that we served in the Army with are going.  We've really been looking forward to this trip.  It will be a nice chance to catch up with everyone and relax as well.  I'm thinking that I will find my way to the pool and forget to leave!  I really need a tan, and I am hoping to catch up on some reading, maybe some crochet, and if there is wireless at the pool, maybe I can finish my process book.  I'll let the guys do their thing.  Sounds like they will be playing golf all day on Wednesday, Thursday night is the bachelor party, Friday night is the rehearsal dinner, and Saturday is the wedding.  Hey, at least it's a break and the weather is supposed to be really nice.  Hope you all have a great week!
Loves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!