Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Beautiful Life

This past weekend was totally exciting.  Mr. fantastic and I made some real life decisions.  We decided that life is too precious to be unhappy in any way.  So what are we going to do about it?  We are going to change it....in very big ways! 
I've been unhappy with my major as well as my school.  I feel like neither are quite the right fit for me.  I enjoy my design classes more then my Interior classes....no good when interior design is my major!  I find that the school is a little up in the air half the time.  A lot of it comes down to reliability and I don't feel they have that.  Most of the time, nobody really knows the answer to any of my questions, the instructors don't always even teach anything, they say things like, "I haven't done this in years, so bear with me..."  when they are instructing us!  Seriously! 
Dakota has been unable to find a job.  He applied to several places.  He has even gone to some interviews but nothing has stuck.  After 7 months of being out of the military and being unemployed, he has decided that the time has come to try a different route.  He decided to go to college!  I couldn't be more excited for him.
We both have been looking around at possible schools.  Although there are some nice ones here, they are private and for financial reasons, we would like to go to a state school.  The state schools don't have the programs we want.  The University of Tennessee (UT) seems to be pretty popular.  We checked into it, and no wonder it's popular...UT has the programs we both want as well as many many other amazing features.  And who could mess with the school spirit? 
The school is located in Knoxville Tn which is about 3 hours from where we are now in Nashville area.  The area is surrounded by the mountains and beautiful scenery.  It reminds Mr. Fantastic of his home in South Dakota, and it reminds me of where I grew up in Michigan.  IT is gorgeous!  We love it!
So the house hunt is on!  We are looking for a cute little house near campus.  We are hoping for a 3 bedroom, but we would take a 2 bedroom.  Here are a couple pictures of ones that we like so far...




Now if only they would call or email us back!  Nothing like waiting!
Well, you all have a lovely evening!
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!