Tuesday, May 03, 2011

[Working On] Tuesday: Website Design

At the very beginning of the semester we were given a semester-long project of creating a website.  Now, I could have taken the easy route and used the school computers that have iWeb, but I hate being at the school outside of class time.  I would much rather be home with the Pugly puppy and Mr. Fantastic.  Instead I decided that I would use Dreamweaver.  Mind you, I had never used Dreamweaver before and I pretty much had to teach myself with a little help from YouTube!  Let me warn you that this is not a recommended way to learn this complicated software program.  A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into my stupid website!  In the end though, I am fairly pleased with the outcome!  I would really love for some of you awesome designers to check it out.  Tell me what you think.  Give me some feedback- constructive criticism is very welcomed.  Did I do anything wrong or what would you have done differently?
The guidelines for the website were:
1)  Had to be about web-art more than about information
2)  At least 20 pages
3)  Incorporate some way of documenting something personal and interesting in our lives
4)  and I know there were more, but they were so insignificant that they were easy to follow and don't even require a bullet point!
I decided to do my website on color.  Color is so important in my life and I couldn't imagine how sad I would be if I ever became color-blind.  I am greatful everyday that I have the ability to see in color.  This website explores the various things in my life that are important to me of each of the main colors.  I also included the scientific information that makes each color what it is.  There is also music too!  All of the music is royalty-free and each color comes from a different genre of music.  The music reflects how each color makes me feel!  So, here you go, the link:
Colors!!

Have a lovely week!  I'll be very busy studying as it is finals week, but the good news is that I have plenty of creative stuff to do as part of final projects.  I'll be passing along my final process book for you all to see toward the end of the week.  Look for it Friday, although it might take me the weekend to have it posted.
Loves!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!