Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our New Home - Building, Moving and Starting to Decorate

Alright, alright, alright!  I think I have held off long enough on a post about our new home.  Let me tell you a little bit about it, and then I will share some pictures...ok, a lot of pictures!  When my younger sister was down visiting, her and I must have looked at a million houses and each one just had little things we didn't like.  A huge issue we kept running into was houses that smelled like pets or had problems from their last owners.  One day we decided that we just really wanted to look at a home that was still being built.  The home we had chosen was in the drywall stages and already was being planned as a model home so it had many upgrades planned for it.  When little me and I looked at it, we loved it!  The floor plan was huge and spacious, it had an upstairs, and was in a cute new neighborhood.  We decided to bring Mr Fantastic to take a look.  He took a look and said ok without even looking at the other similar model homes that were finished!  so the next day we started the paperwork and went to pick out a few things that were not already set in stone.  We decided to upgrade to granite countertops in the kithen and Marble counters in the bathrooms.  In the end, we did have them move the kitchen island out 18 inches and put down a little more of the "wood" flooring.  We are so happy that we made these changes.
Move in day was pretty easy because the moving company did most of the hard work.  They did all the heavy lifting!  All we really have to do is unpack the boxes.  Easy enough, right?  Yeah, well, it's a month later and we are still unpacking, and painting, and decorating!
So now comes the fun part.  We really like color and pattern and all that jazz, so we have been working super hard on getting it the way we want it.  The pictures below are some from the finishing stages, the moving stage, and then the beginning of the decorating phase.  I hope you enjoy!

getting ready for siding

starting to look pretty

the
picking out flooring and granite
the great room




again
getting a window seat

getting the kitchen cabinets in
deciding on a backsplash
paint colors for the living room
bathroom vanity

the entry
starting to get the flooring down
the outside is complete



bathroom colors


things i found for the living room
move in day
dinning room colors
picking out cabinet handles
do the boxes ever end?
a full garage!
the crafting studio
getting the fridge

brown for the family room
Getting the stripes started in the family room


putting on the finishing color - turquoise!




yellow in the laundry room

gray in the master bath

my first attept at the master bedroom walls


the stencil just did not meet where it needed to so....

I switched it up and tried again!
Here is what I have so far!

Mr Fantastic picked this out for me and put it together!

The rest of the bedroom furniture

and our new bed!





 Alright, I promise to put more pictures up really soon!  since it is Friday for me, I hope your weekend rocks! 
Loves!!!




1 comment:

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!