Friday, January 15, 2010

Life is a Verb and The Happiness Project

Last night I pulled under the carport and looked at my doorstep. There it was...my package I had been waiting for since Friday of last week. In bold letters, it said Amazon! I pulled the tape and peered inside. Books! I had been so anxious to get them. I pulled out the blue one... The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and dove into it's pages. I read. A bit dry to start off....hmmm....what about this other book? Life is a Verb by Patti Digh I began to read it. I am in love. Originally, I was most excited about the first book, but now I think I am more excited about the second book. It has pictures!!!!
I brought them to work today. I began reading "the verb book" and almost right away, it invited me to write in the margins. Why had I not thought of this before? As I continued to read, I wrote things down that came to mind.

Make Changes that you can keep
You are what you eat?
What does a butterfly symbolize?
Am I lost?
I don't want to forget Happiness only has meaning with contrasted with unhappiness
Quiddity - a beautiful word
When memories fade, are they still in our hearts so as to make us us?

I am finished with Chapter one now. (Please know that above are only some of the many notes I wrote. As you know, I am on a mission to make this year so great. I want to live intentionally, and I guess I need a little help to figure out how I can do that. I thought I would post up some pictures that make me happy today.....
Something that I would love to have


Nearly a year ago....what a pretty place


I could never have too many Cherry Blossoms in my life

How true is this?




And just because this is the cutest picture in the world to me today!
I appologize for having no idea where these images came from. I have them saved to my computer at work, without any labels to tell me. I don't take credit for any of them, but if you would like to take credit...please let me know, or please tell me if you know where they came from so I can give credit! Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!