Tuesday, April 26, 2011

[Working On] Wednesday: Process Book Cover

It's been a couple weeks since I have done a Working On post.  Truth is that I haven't had a whole lot of anything interesting that I am working on.  However, I have been polishing my process book.  I took a lot of inspiration from this adorable spread:




Isn't the color choice so pretty?  I love the playfulness of it all.  The type is to die for and the colors are so edible!  this is what I have come up with so far:



I'm really trying to implement the idea of hierarchy.  Do you think this is a good representation of hierarchy?  If you can't tell, I want Process to be the most important thing you see on my cover, followed by my name, and finally a little blip about why process is so important in design.  Does this make sense?  I hope so.  I'm trying to decide if I want to change it up even more though....
this is really beautiful!  I absolutely love this.  I have to ask myself how much is too much though.  Although this gives off a hand-drawn feel and relates to the rough drafts throughout the process of design, I'm not sure it gives the finish, polished effect that I want for the cover of my book.  Make sense?  It sure is beautiful though.  Maybe I can find a way to incorporate it in another way.  Maybe, maybe not!

Well, I sure hope your Easter celebrations were fun and springy.  Have a fantastic week!
Loves!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!