Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Mummsie!

Not only is it Halloween, but it is also my mother's birthday....
For her birthday, I thought I would tell you a little about this amazing woman....
My mummsie is my bestest girlfriend.  She is beautiful!  She is strong despite having gone through hell.  She is wise beyond her years.  My mother hen is loving toward everyone.  She has the pure heart of a child.  No matter the negatives in life, mum always finds the rainbows after the rain.  She is a mother to five wonderful kids....well, even though some of us are kind of grownups now.  She is a grandmother to 2 adorable twin boys.  She reads and listen to pretty music and crafts like crazy.  You should see some of the wonderful things she makes.  She even loves scrap booking.  Mom is the first one into the water at the cottage on the lake, the first one to suggest s'mores, the first one to laugh!  She is smart and kind; hilarious, and full of energy; curious and loyal.  My mother is incredible.
Sometimes I look back in life and am sad.  Life worked out in a strange way for us.  We didn't really have much of a relationship until I was older.  I didn't really know her very well at all.  It was never her fault, or any ones fault for that matter.  However, finally, after I graduated high school, I finally really got to know my mom.  Ever since, we have been best friends.  I I wish maybe we could have had that sooner, but then I realize that wishing for things to have been different is silly....I must simply be grateful for the way that they are now.  The way that they are now is amazing.  We have the best relationship ever.  Although we still don't get to see each other very often, we make it a point to talk on the phone all the time.  Some days we talk 2 or 3 times!  And I love that.  I can tell my mother anything.  I can share things with her no matter what.  She supports my every choice and always tells me that she knows that I will make the best choices and become the best person that I can.  She believes in me more than anyone that I know.  She calls me just to sing songs to me about sunshine....she is my sunshine!  She is my mummsie, my mother hen, my ma, my mum, my mom, my mother, my best friend.  she is amazing.  I lover her so so so much!  Happy Birthday Mom! 
And Happy Halloween to everyone too!

We carved pumpkins last night.  I carved a cute little owl into my huge pumpkin simply because I cannot get enough of cute little owls lately.  Mr. Fantastic made a sly little face on his with crazy teeth.  On Kaye's pumpkin, I carved a pug face.  It is so cute and even has it's tongue sticking out like Kaye's.  We set them out and lit them up.
Tonight we turned on the porch light, but we weren't really sure if we would get and trick-or-treaters.  Surprise surprise!  We did!  We handed out twizlers....but ran out quick.  I had to turn out the porch light and shut the door.  I was sad.  What made me even more sad was when the doorbell rang, and I opened the door to find an adorable little 2, maybe 3 year old girl standing there in her best dress holding her treat bag.  She said, "tickin' teet" and I had to tell her that I ran out of treats.  I wanted to cry.  She walked away sad.  Note to self:  Next year - get lots of candy AND decorations for the porch. 
Well, I hope that your week is fantastic.  Can you believe that is is November already?  I sure can't it's been such a great year so far though!  Enjoy the new month, and for those of you that celebrate it, have a fantastic All Saints' Day tomorrow.
Night
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!