Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. Regardless of personal political views, that is an honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
Sometimes I look back on my time in the Army and miss it, while other times I look back on it and I am glad it is over.  That time in my life was one that I will never regret or wish to change.  Some days were the hardest days I will ever live through, while other days were a breeze.  I will always remember all of the people that I met through the service, some that I served with and others that I did not.  The events that I went through will never be forgotten. 
Today is a day of Thanksgiving.  I extend my gratitude to all of my brothers and sisters that served before me, along side me, and after me.  I am grateful to those that I served with.  These people may not be related, but they are brothers and sisters of mine that I will never forget. 
I am proud to have served this country.  I am proud to have been a part of something so big and so great.  I am proud of it all.
Today is also a day of honoring; it is a day of honoring the soldiers that gave their lives for this country.  Today is a day to honor the families that have endured that ultimate sacrifice.  I want to take this time to express my humble sorrows to the families of our deceased soldiers.  Although I have lost friends to the tragedies of war, I have not lost a family member.  I cannot ever possibly imagine the pain that the families have endured.  Please know though, that the lives of these soldiers will never be forgotten, never be forsaken.  Know that they are true heroes.
Thank you friends, family, and strangers.  Your ongoing support is highly valued.
Yes, I support the troops!
I got sick of the dirt and colorless days in Iraq so I "planted" fake flowers outside my chu!

The gang....my friends while I was in and still

Thomas was my brother.  I miss him.

My sweetheart and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!