Friday, November 20, 2009

Mini-Album First Attempt!

Woot Woot!!! I am so excited! I got three mini chipboard albums last night in the mail. I jumped righrt into them, too! Now, if you have read my previous post, you might ask, why three? They are all going to be one album....not so mini I guess, but it is a big deal that I will be scrapping about. Dakota has been in Iraq for a year and his return is very important. I will be in Texas for a week so see him in and spend some much needed time with him. I did a search in the 2Peas gallery for mini-albums....did you know that there are over 6,000? Holy cow!! Every single one of them is so beautiful and so unique. So far though, I have not found a single one that is like the idea I have in my head. I am using different size and shaped pages in my album....almost every page is different. I want this album to be FULL of all kinds of stuff. Normally I am not a big journalor, so I am making sure to put plenty of journaling areas in the album to force myself into it. I have about 10 pages done so far. Well, I wouldn't say done! I obviously have no pictures in them, and of course that means, that I don't have all the embelishments either. I want to do lots of layers and fun stuff with embelishments to add tons of demension and fun to the album. I can't put in all the embelishments of course, at this time, because I want them to layer over the pictures too! I just hope that when it is all said and done, it doesn't look like one big mess.
I think this is one of the hardest projects I have done yet. I see other albums full of embelishments, or with see-through pages, tags here and there, or little elements that hang from the album. I want all of that....it may prove to be a little crazy for my first attempt! I suppose there is nothing like jumping in for the full affect. I just have this vision of amazing, wonderfulness, and I am getting scared that I won't be able to live up to it! Yikes, scary! Wish me luck, please! ANY IDEAS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!!!! tHIS JUST HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST!!!

2 comments:

  1. ....sent an e-mail to Scraptiv!ty's admin with your urgent note.... they must be having some glitches in their forum and gallery today. I hope that it gets resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini glue dots work really well for the clear pages. I try to get embellishments in different colors, but the same size or that are double sided and can "frame" eachother so to speak if your using clear pages. That way you can put embelishments/tags/paper back to back on the page so you can see your adhesive.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!