Saturday, June 11, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

I am notorious for getting super excited about things that MIGHT happen and then being super sad and disappointed when they don't pan out.  My most recent excitement came when we wanted to buy a house.  I was heartbroken when we discovered that all income is not considered - only wages - and therefore we could not qualify to buy a house.  Instead, we are stuck in a rental that costs us 250 MORE than our mortgage would have.  Yucky! 
However, there may be a good side to all of that.  When Mr. Fantastic was trying to decide what he wanted to do with his life after getting out of the military, we knew one thing that he did not want to do was have to deploy again over-seas without me.  Knowing that, he decided not to continue his military work as a civilian.  Just recently though, the possibility of continuing that work as a civilian and not having to go overseas, has come up.  Of course, it is one of those things that I have gotten SUPER excited about!
Basically, it would include us moving to another state, having financial stability to the point that we can finally get this wedding thing underway and start a family.  The details are still being thrown around and thought about.  We have some good friends within the company and some great connections, so we want to believe that he can get the position.
So, now you see why I believe that everything happens for a reason.  I can't imagine considering this opportunity if we had actrually purchased a home here!  The good news is that a full-time job means everything when trying to purchase a home.  Besides that, my credit score just shot up because some stupid mistakes I made while I was young finally fell off of my report.  Not only can his income and credit be considered, but now mine can too, which means that again, things happen for a reason!
Please, please, please, cross your fingers and toes with us, that everything pans out the way that we are hoping and believing that it could.  This would be a tremendous opportunity for him as well as for us as a couple...as a soon to be family!  I think that is one of the most important pros for us in all of this - we can finally be financially comfortable, and have the stability that we believe is important to have before beginning a family.  We would finally be able to begin our family without the concern that we would end up unable to provide a good life for our future children.
Sure, we would still have stress - everyone does - but we would feel a lot more comfortable about it.  Again, everything happens for a reason, and I just hope that the reason we couldn't get that house when we wanted it, was because we were not supposed to have it.  Instead, I hope that we are supposed to find happiness in another place.  If not, I will again remind myself that everything happens for a reason and that we will eventually see that reason and be content with our purpose!
Have a lovely weekend
Loves!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!