Thursday, March 22, 2012

52 Lists. 52 Weeks. List #39

I Love Rock 'N Roll
I love this song first of all!  One of my very first experiences with it was back in high school when I was on the color guard squad.  Our half-time show was classic rock hits and we did three different songs.  The guard was amazing and we actually won some competitions with this show!  During this song in our show at one point all the music stops and the entire 100+ people in the band shout the lines "I love rock and roll so put another dime in the jukebox baby.  I love rock and roll so came and take some time and dance with me."  At this point, there was a huge burst of energy from both the music as well as the crowd!

Foreplay/Longtime
When all my friends and I lived in Texas, it used to be that everyone always crowded up on the weekends at "the house" and played Rockband, played guitars, sang songs, drank beer, played pool, and just had a good time.  This song was one of the favorites on Rockband.  Mr. Fantastic was the best at it on drums and pretty much had it memorized.  He would walk around singing out the colors of the drums that were meant to be hit and in the correct order and to the tune of the song!  Loved it. 

Anyone Else but You
The Juno movie and especially this song were really special to the Mr. and I during our summer of love.  That summer in '08 when we were falling in love was the greatest.  Nothing else seemed to matter except love, friends, and fun.  It was an amazing summer and I love remembering falling in love with this man!

1,2,3,4
When Mr. Fantastic was in Iraq for his third time, Ihad a really tough time.  We used to talk all the time, but it just wasn't the same as being with him.  At this same time I was learning to adjust to my Borderline Personality Disorder.  I always had trouble remembering how much he loved me.  One day he made me look this song up on YouTube and listen to it.  He told me to always think of it when I was feeling sad.

Pour Some Sugar On Me
This reminds me of the crazy life I lived when I was in Arizona.  We stayed up late and got up early.  Nothing mattered more to us than a good time and a fun party.  I'm not sure where all our money every went, but we were always broke and just didn't care.  We lived fast and hard. 

So, has your week gone well?  Mine is getting there!  I can't wait for the weekend though.
Loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!